[FreeNX-kNX] can't connect to 0.3 :(

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Thu Mar 10 14:35:20 UTC 2005

> My problem is that I still can not connect with the nxclient even if I
> can connect with ssh using the ssh -i client.id_dsa.key nx at localhost
> command ...

This problem was because I was running a bit borked Mandrake Cooker
freenx-0.3.0-1mdk version.

/etc/nxserver/nxnode.conf permissions were wrong (600) and need to be
set to 644 (as someone mentioned earlier in a different thread).

Other interesting thing is that on two fairly identical machines the
behaviour was different: on one of them I had to change ENABLE_SSH / SU
AUTHENTICATION in /etc/nxserver/nxnode.conf in order to connect.

Tomek