[FreeNX-kNX] 0.3: Authentification failed but sshd logs says OK

Blindauer Emmanuel freenx at mooby.net
Thu Mar 10 12:48:32 UTC 2005

Le Jeudi 10 Mars 2005 12:43, vous avez écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 10. März 2005 12:05 schrieb Blindauer Emmanuel:
> > I had a working 0.2.7 freenx server,  working mostly (sometime  client
> > timeout, but it was working sometime). I've upgraded to get lesser
> > problems, now, no one can log in :)
> Try the following command manually:
>
> . $(which nxloadconfig)
> read -s P; echo $P | $PATH_BIN/nxnode-login ssh blindaue 22
> $PATH_BIN/nxnode --check ""; unset P
>
> You should get:
>
> NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 1.4.0-03 OS (GPL)
> NX> 716 finished
> NX> 1001 Bye.

I've got a permission denied on
/etc/nxserver/node.conf ( nx.root , 600)

I've changed to 640 and all went fine!

> Btw: To use public keys, better use the build in passdb:
>
> nxserver --adduser myuser
> nxserver --passwd myuser

I use AD+kerberos to get 1000 users, I won't add them all. Most of them don't
have a public key, and it works fine for me when using public key :)

Thank you for your help, I'll bugreport the mdk-packager of freenx which has
build the rpm.