[FreeNX-kNX] HELP: Authentication Completed ... Negotiating link parameters ... Connection timeout

Jonathan Chen jonachen at cisco.com
Tue Mar 8 19:52:13 UTC 2005

Ok the STALE NFS problem is back.  I have no idea what is the cause of it.
When it occurred, I tried making dirs in my home dir to see if its really an
NFS issue and it seems not to be the case.

In nxserver.log, it complains for "tail...stale nfs" and even with that
message users are still able to log onto a NFS /users mounted server today.
I had another sys admin check to see if he can fix NFS and he basically came
back with the message that NX is working again without any action from him.

So do anyone else have the same issue as I?  This problem does not happen
all the time, but when it occurs, users won't be able to get on the server
for a good amount of time.

I'm still using the 0.2.7(on RHEL 3) version and the new build, I do not
believe addresses the issue.

Any troubleshooting assistance will be appreciated to see if it's a NX or
software conflict? Or system issue.

Thanks!