AW: [FreeNX-kNX] Alioth projekt for FreeNX debian packages

Martin Heddergott nx at heddergott.org
Thu Jun 16 15:51:43 UTC 2005

> No, because the key we are talking about is not used to encrypt the
> traffic but only for authenticating the nx user to the SSHD server.
> SSHD will then yield the control to nxserver, being nxserver the nx
> user's login shell. Both host authentication and all the other TLS
> features of SSH are entirely preserved.

Hi,
sorry,i've still a question on this Topic.
The Connection to the nxserver is established by public/private key auth. for user nx. The Shell for this User is nxserver which askes for Username and Password.
Because the nomachine private key is known, it is possible to intercept and decrypt the Username and Passwort as said by Felix schumacher. And there will be no warning like Paul van der Vlis said if the Interceptor uses the nomachine key - or am i wrong ?
I made my own keypair and added the nxserver-public-key to my authorized_keys file. My login sequence in nxserver just asks for the Username and then 'break's. This way I don't need a Password and it works fine. Is this a good Idea or are there any "sideeffects" i do not see ?

> /Gian Filippo.

Martin