[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Use Case question

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Thu Jun 16 12:42:01 UTC 2005

On do, 2005-06-16 at 08:17 -0400, LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com wrote:
> >Tham you for your support!
> >I have currently installed the mozilla plugin. (Are you going to create
> >a Firefox version?). It now suffers from the same as nxrun: It seems to
> >start (I get some text in my screen after clicking the link to my
> >configfile), but that's it.
>
> The mozilla plugin works fine in Firefox.  I may look into creating a
> firefox extension in the future.

I get a script error when trying to install it in Firefox, see
http://kaarsemaker.net/~dennis/Screenshot.png

> I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I think a lot of
> users use distributions specifically designed for thin clients or
> kiosks to set up limited access for the users.

Hmm, almost what I am looking for. Maybe I should be more precise: The
client sends a session type and (if the session is unix-custom) an
application name. The nx server acts upon them. I want the NX server to
respond the same (starting a specific single program in a unix-custom
session) regardless of what the user sends, this because there is only
one application that the users should start. Is this possible without
hacking the nxserver scripts?

--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org