AW: [FreeNX-kNX] Alioth projekt for FreeNX debian packages

Felix Schumacher felix.schumacher at debeka.de
Wed Jun 15 07:13:18 UTC 2005

Hi all,

if "nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key" installs a pre-computed ssh private
key
for use with the secure channel. I believe anyone could intercept this
secure
Channel with a "man in the middle" attack. And get the clear-text
passwords
for the user, which are sent over the (than not so) secure channel.

And that would be a risk. Which could be avoided by creating an own
private/public key pair and distributing that private key to your
servers and the public key to your clients.

I hope I didn't confuse more people, and didn't talk to much rubbish.

Bye
 Felix