[FreeNX-kNX] keys: where? public key auth on no-passwd accounts

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Sat Jul 30 16:37:39 UTC 2005

> the patch isn't always necessary for all systems.

Can do any harm?

> well you obviously missed a spot :)
> finger the nx user on your system and install the public-key accordingly (this
> is what nxsetup. the sshd needs to find it - thats the assignment :)

   ^^ that sentence doesn't make sense. this what nxsetup...?

> More "key"-directories don't really matter to freenx and the nx-libs, this is
> client and nomachine-server specific and doesn't apply to our implementation.

There was lots of talk of copying client/server.id_dsa.key to places
like /usr/NX/share/keys. So - I don't need to put them anywhere? just leave
it like they are?

So I cp client.id_dsa.key *from* the server, where I generated it - *to* the
client - to /home/nx/.ssh/? or somewhere else?

> > Now - I'm outta ideas here. Could someone provide me with how to generate the
>
> please consider the FAQ linked from the webpage

The FAQ doesn't hold any documentation regarding the proper place for the
keys. Hence my question.