[FreeNX-kNX] Different colour mappings on resume

Nick Thompson nickthompson at agere.com
Fri Jul 29 13:19:12 UTC 2005

I'm running NX libs 1.5.0 (stable) with FreeNX 0.4.3 and windows client 1.5.0.

Took a lot of fiddling to get it going, but all the info is on the list if you
look hard enough :-)

Anyway, same results as with 1.4. libs - when I resume a suspended session,
already open window's borders in KDE(3.4) look like somebody has changed the
colour mapping. Windows opened after the resume are okay though. I'm using
Plastic window decs, which have a gradient, so the apparent colour remapping
often results in a horrible horizontal stripy mess. The only way to get rid
of it is to close the effected windows, which kind of negates the idea of
suspending a session. Screenshot available on request.

Another work around is to switch window decs to something else and back
again... :-(

Any idea how to fix that? Nothing else seems to be effected.

Thanks