[FreeNX-kNX] Performance note

Nicholas Lee emptysands at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:56:07 UTC 2005

It was faster to load this page
http://gallery.ii.net.nz/la-sainte-chapelle?page=3 with the thumbnails
from a remote desktop instances running  (Xen) on the same machine as
the web server, than it was from a desktop client on my local lan.

This is will modem level compress to the remote desktop over a 256kps DSL link.

Actually the local desktop is NX based as well to a server on the local lan.

The images on the remote desktop are a little blurry, but not enough
to be noticable.  This desktop has been setup so I can one of my users
who is going into China next week to test it over a openvpn link and
see what the latency is like.

Impressive!

--
Nicholas Lee