[FreeNX-kNX] java applet for NX

Marc Chantreux marc.chantreux at ulpmm.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Jul 11 07:28:41 UTC 2005

> I'm actually looking to do a little bit more than just shell. I want to
> be able to display the output of graphical programs too in the browser
> over the Internet. VNC does the job, but is a little bandwidth hungry,
> that's why I'm looking at NX as a better alternative.

Hi, sorry for answer lately.

Are you aware of the univ-rx project's applet? The sources was just
released under GPL.

- It uses NX compression but deals directly with nxagent (no nxserver
required).
- It is CAS aware (so you can use it as a component of a portal using
your web authentification).
- we've done it for our own use so it will be actively maintained.

You can have a look to http://univ-rx/applet-univrx/

regards
mc