[FreeNX-kNX] Resume problem in freenx 1.4

Roger Perttu nx.spam at frogblender.net
Sun Jul 10 07:06:38 UTC 2005

Onur Akgün wrote:

>I cannot resume any suspended/dropped session. That wasn't happening
>with the freenx 1.3
>I'm using the latest windows xp client from nomachine to connect and,
>the freenx is running on a Debian server.I tried to connect with a
>fixed resolution (800x600) and full screen mode, but both of them gave
>the same result. The error report from the client is:
>
>NXPROXY - Version 1.4.0

[snip]

>Error: Decompression of data failed. Error is 'data error'.
>Error: Lost connection to peer proxy on FD#5.
>Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
>Error: Please report this problem to support personnel.
>

>any ideas?

Hi Onur!

I wish I could help you but I can't. I'm new to FreeNX and seem to have
similar problems. I'm also running the Nomachine client on Windows but
in my case FreeNX is running on Ubuntu.

I connect without problems but if I doesn't use the remote session for a
few minutes and then go back to the NX-window it's all black and then
immediately closes. I can then reconnect but my  unsaved work is lost.
I'm running Gnome desktop and I assume it's the screensaver that
triggers the disconnection.

As I said, I'm new to NX, how is it supposed to work with screen savers?
Is it supposed to disconnect?

Is there some configuration option I can change to stop it from
disconnecting? I don't need the resume functionality.

The error report Onur is talking about above, is that the same "kind" of
popup report that you can get when you try to connect to the wrong IP or
similar? Are the errors logged to a file?

/Roger P