[FreeNX-kNX] freenx - where are the log files?

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Fri Jan 28 12:45:04 UTC 2005

Fabian Franz wrote:

>You can activate logging in the nxserver binary.
>
>vi /usr/bin/nxserver
>
>NX_LOGGING=1
>
>Default log location is /tmp/nxserver.log

I think it would make more sense to keep all configuration in
/etc/freenx.conf and logs in /var/log, right?
I could make a small patch that sources /etc/freenx.conf instead of
defining variables in /usr/bin programs.
Right now every time after updating freenx I have to make changes to
it's configuration again, because I cannot keep configuration files.
I even have home-made RPMS that tweak configuration to my needs :)

--
Best regards,
Kalev Lember