[FreeNX-kNX] Public Key Authentication for Users

Carsten Pohle cpohle at web.de
Wed Jan 26 09:38:47 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I finally managed to setup FreeNX-0.2.5-2 and to connect to it using the
NoMachine client. However, a critical feature still seems not to work: Public
key authentication for users (it works fine for the nx user).

For security reasons, we usually forbid PasswordAuthentication in sshd_conf
but require PubkeyAuthentication and ask our users to password-protect their
private keys.

Does FreeNX server already support this kind of user authentication, or is
this a feature planned for a (near) future release?

Best regards,

Carsten