[FreeNX-kNX] Parse Error

Darryl Barlow darrylb_au44 at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 22 06:10:28 UTC 2005

I am unable to connect to a windows tightvnc session
from my notebook running the GPL server.  When running
a trial version of the latest nomachine server it
connected okay.  However, the GPL version gives the by
now apparently infamous parse error.  The only
possible fix I have seen suggested is to eliminate
spaces from the session name, but this is not the
problem in this case.  Connecting to Unix sessions
works well.

I love the software.  It is far superior to any other
remote solution I have used, including PCAnywhere and
a number of different versions of VNC on both Linux
and Windows.  When used remotely over the internet
between ADSL connected machines it is excellent.  For
the first time using a remote desktop is virtually
like sitting in front of my machine.  And, when it
does work with a Windows VNC client the increase in
speed and useability is fabulous.

Any ideas on this problem will be much appreciated.

regards,

Darryl

http://au.movies.yahoo.com