[FreeNX-kNX] Strange problem with 1.4 client

Ricardo Bahague Jr rick at mcc.mod.net.ph
Wed Jan 19 02:14:49 UTC 2005

anyone who successfully resolve this by not reverting to old nxclient?

i have experienced this also and has replaced gnome by kde.

in some mailing list, they suggest to downgrade xlibs. this is a
gnome-settings-daemon bug. but local login does not result to this problem
only with nx access. so i have not followed their instruction.

On Tue, January 18, 2005 12:34 pm, Brandon Young said:
> I am having a similar problem to this.  I have a brand new install of
> Debian SID with GNOME 2.8, freenx 0.2.7, and nomachine client 1.40 for
> Windows XP.  Whenever I connect, GNOME immediately throws errors about
> "gnome-settings-daemon has quit unexpectedly" over and over.
> Sometimes I can click OK several times and the login process will
> proceed, sometimes it won't.  Occaisionally, I receive another dialog
> box that says gnome-settings-daemon has quit too many times and will
> be disabled.  IF I am able to get past all this, my desktop is screwey
> looking, with no icons, a janky theme, etc.  Normally, though, I can't
> even get to that point.  Going back to the old 1.3 client, the problem
> goes away.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a setting I can tweak to
> stop this?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Brandon
>

> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:51:23 +0100, Luca Corti <cortez at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using freenx debian packages from kalyxo.org on a Debian Sid box.
>> It has freenx 0.2.7 and nx 1.4 installed. I connect to a GNOME session
>> on the box with the official nomachine client . If I use the 1.3 version
>> of the client everything works smoothly.
>>
>> Recently I've download the new 1.4 client from nomachine to try it out,
>> but upon connection GNOME informs me that gconf2 was not started
>> successfully. Reverting to the 1.3 client solves the problem. This seems
>> very strange.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> Luca Corti <cortez at tiscali.it>

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **