[FreeNX-kNX] Strange problem with 1.4 client

Brandon Young bkyoung at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 04:34:02 UTC 2005

I am having a similar problem to this.  I have a brand new install of
Debian SID with GNOME 2.8, freenx 0.2.7, and nomachine client 1.40 for
Windows XP.  Whenever I connect, GNOME immediately throws errors about
"gnome-settings-daemon has quit unexpectedly" over and over.
Sometimes I can click OK several times and the login process will
proceed, sometimes it won't.  Occaisionally, I receive another dialog
box that says gnome-settings-daemon has quit too many times and will
be disabled.  IF I am able to get past all this, my desktop is screwey
looking, with no icons, a janky theme, etc.  Normally, though, I can't
even get to that point.  Going back to the old 1.3 client, the problem
goes away.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a setting I can tweak to
stop this?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
Brandon