[FreeNX-kNX] Linux client connects, but not Windows client

c0uchm0nster c0uchm0nster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 01:20:21 UTC 2005

Server is Fedora core 4, 2.6.11 kernel.
Using Rick Stout's rpm's and configuration:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/&e=10401

I can connect to the nxserver just fine from my linux boxes (a gentoo
laptop and two slack machines).

However when I try connecting from a windows xp pro sp2 box it doesn't work.
As I said, using Rick Stout's rpms, so:
freenx version 0.4.4-1
nx version 1.5.0-4

linux clients using !M 1.5.0-135 clients.
windows box using !M 1.5.0-138 (also tried it with an older 1.5 build
with the same results)

The windows client fails after a while of negotiating link.

The temporary session logs look a little weird, but they look the same
as the successful linux logs up until this point:

Fatal server error:
NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on display "nx/nx,
options=/home/c0uch/.nx/C-[session id here]/options:1000"

xsetroot: unable to open display 'unix:1000'
xset: unable to open display "unix:1000"
xset: unable to open display "unix:1000"
xsetroot: unable to open display 'unix:1000'

So, obviously the display isn't being created correctly when the
windows client attempts to connect. I've tried enabling the
ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND="1" flag in the node.conf but it doesn't change
anything (as I understand it this flag is only for older builds of
1.5.0 anyways).

Client settings are exactly the same between all clients.
Key is the same (it's the default key).
SSH obviously works fine from all clients.

So - can anyone tell me how to get the display opened correctly for
the windows client? Or point me in the right direction to fixing this?

Thank you,
	c0uch