[FreeNX-kNX] How to change authentication to support AD?

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Fri Dec 9 22:27:06 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 20:07, Thorsten Sandfuchs wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 12:59:46PM +0100, terander at guard.zapto.org wrote:
> > Have anyone managed to get FreeNX/NXServer to allow users from MS Active
> > Directory to logon ? I've followed the various articles found through
>
> just using PAM and getting PAM to authenticate over the AD should work as a
> charme, wouldn't it?

Yes, I thought so too, but the doc's I've found is telling different things,
and I haven't been able to get it to work yet, so...

> > google on how to enable users from AD to logon to a Linux client with
> > various results, and none really successful....
> > It would be great stuff to add to the FreeNX FAQ on Berlios, and I'll
> > write a How-to there if I can manage to get it to work.
>
> I think this is mainly a PAM issue, so it's not really "suitable" for the
> freenx-FAQ - but everybody can contribute to the FAQ, so do it :)
>
> 				/fux

OK - I thought this could be of some help to others implementing
FreeNX/NXServer in a MS environment too...

Since Manuel Zach has written an how-to on Ubuntu-Wiki (see his reply here),
I'll at least add a link to his guide....

;-)Terje