[FreeNX-kNX] Third maintenance release of the 1.5.0 NX client

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:02:44 UTC 2005

I think I'm seeing the same bug.

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> On Friday 02 December 2005 17:37, Matthew Price wrote:
>
>>Still no fix for resuming on windows machines.  :-<
>

> What exactly are you talking about?
>
>  a) creating a session on a Windows client, and resuming it
>     on the very same Windows client (with the same display
>     resolution/depth/etc, settings)?

Yes, creating on a Windows client, suspending, and resuming immediately
afterwards does not work (details below).

>  b) creating a session on one Windows client, and resuming it
>     a different Windows client (with the different display
>     resolution, etc. settings)?
>
>  c) creating a session on a Linux client, and resuming it
>     (in effect: *migrating* it to) a Windows client (with
>     different display resolution/depth/etc. settings)?

Haven't tried either.

> What NX server are you using?
>
>  a) FreeNX ?  Which version ?
>  b) NoMachine NX ?  Which version ?

freenx-0.4.4-1.fdr.0, nx-1.5.0-0.FC4.1, installed from RPMs according to
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/ on Fedora Core 4.

BTW, Rick, if you happen to see this -- any plans to update that (very
helpful) tutorial with the latest !M sources?

Connecting from NX Windows client 1.5.0-132.

To reproduce:
1. Connect from Windows 2000 SP4 to the FC4 box with a full-screen Gnome
session run using the "default X script" trick.
2. Suspend.
3. Reconnect, choose to resume the suspended session when offered.
4. Instead of the Gnome desktop, I get full screen of the color white.
5. I can kill the NX process on Windows using Task Manager.
6. Reconnect again, get no option to resume suspended session, the Gnome
desktop comes up fine.