[FreeNX-kNX] no success on mandriva

al hutt ahutt at hoecoop.org
Wed Aug 31 18:29:57 UTC 2005

I am having this error also:

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
         If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
         and start again.

How did you fix it?
Thanks!

bian Franz wrote:

 >>hope .... but error is the same :-((
 >>

 >I guess thats in the FAQ, but we need for good error tracking the following:
 >
 >- - Change node.conf to LOG_CLEAN=0. Look at the server at ~/.nx/T-* and
 >~/.nx/F-* /session files. This will show you _why_ nxagent does not start.
 >
 >An easy way to find out can also be to do:
 >
 >ssh -X user at myserver
 >
 >nxagent
 >
 >cu
 >
 >Fabian

you're right
now i know why it is not running

[famille at central ~]$ ssh -X famille at palmier
Last login: Fri Aug  5 15:19:41 2005
[famille at palmier ~]$ nxagent

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
         If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
         and start again.

nxagent: symbol lookup error: nxagent: undefined symbol: NXTransExit
[famille at palmier ~]$