[FreeNX-kNX] NXWebCompanion incompatibility with Internet Explorer

dewey hylton freenx at deweyonline.com
Tue Aug 9 18:40:18 UTC 2005

this was posted a few days back to developers at nomachine.com; i'm re-posting here
in case anyone has any clue about this issue. i'm sure the devlopers will
respond as they're able, but if someone on the list already has information this
will speed things up for me - and potentially help others as well.

%-=
first things first; i'm the freebsd ports maintainer for the nx libraries. your
product is excellent and i thank you on behalf of the freebsd community!

i can't understand why the browser itself should make a difference, but ...

the java client works great in linux under firefox. it also works as expected in
windows under firefox, but fails in windows under internet explorer 6. the
applet starts loading but never finishes; the one thing that stands out as being
different in the java console is the message "Your OS is not supported" when
starting from IE6 versus firefox.

tests on windows were performed on both WinXP/SP2 and Win2kPro, both with IE6
and firefox 1.0.6, both with the latest java from sun.

if more information would be helpful, please let me know what to send. thanks!
%-=