[FreeNX-kNX] ssh problems gone, now real freenx problems

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Tue Aug 9 07:50:33 UTC 2005

I have only just got round to subscribing to this list since Gian Fillipo
had to stop the original NX list which I understand but is still a pity.

Similar ssh problems come up with native NX as well, which is what I am
running (1.5.0).

It happens for example when you reinstall or upgrade the server or do
anything that regenerates the key pair.  The easiest way that I have found
to get round this is to remove the .nx directory completely (ie rm -rf
.nx).

The next time you initiate the client, the wizard is invoked and this
forces a new copy of the public key to be taken.

HTH

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com