[FreeNX-kNX] printing under freenx/knx

Cardon Denis denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Tue Apr 12 20:05:49 UTC 2005

Hi Kurt,

> > By the way, how does ipp behave when large print jobs are sent over
> the internet? > What kind of compression is used?
> None.
> The "printpath" is not the main problem. The problem is to get a
> reliable, automatic "installation" of local (Windows) printers
> into the NX session. And if the NX session is on Linux/Unix, to
> get a reliable conversion of the file formats (the job which
> on Windows normally is done by the "driver").
> Of course, it could be made to work with PostScript printers
> easily. But I am looking for a more generic solution.

I'm using almost exclusively PS capable network printers, so I didn't
though about that one...

> Please do never reply off-list. There is nothing contained in your
> mail that needs to be kept private.

sorry for the off list reply. The reply-to address in the mailing list
seems not to be set correctly (at least it does not work with
evolution), and I just did a basic "reply to" without noticing the
incorrect address...

Denis

--
Denis Cardon