[FreeNX-kNX] how to reconnect to a broken (IP change etc.) session?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Mon Apr 18 14:55:09 UTC 2005

Rick Stout wrote:

>> When I do "ps x" I can see those processes are still running (Mozilla
>> Thunderbird) - so here my question - how can I connect again to this
>> "broken, disconnected" session, where I have programs with changes not
>> saved, mails that were written but not sent etc.?
>>

> I use dyndns to get around this problem, and then I don't need to know
> the ip address.

You didn't understand my problem.

I use dyndns, too.

When the IP changes, I get disconnected, it is normal.

So I reconnect, and sometimes I have my old session (that just
disconnected due to IP change), and sometimes I don't have my old
session, which means that everything I worked on is gone (although I can
see that the programs I was working on are still running, so maybe it is
not gone?).

Tomek