[FreeNX-kNX] Restoring suspended session: !M logo (with black background) "blocked my view"

Frederik Dannemare frederik at dannemare.net
Mon Apr 4 15:36:47 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 02:09, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> On Saturday 02 April 2005 18:22, Sarah wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I must admit that this has started happening on my FreeNX setup as
> > well, although I put it down to my server being just slightly
> > knakkered.   It seems that anything forcing the screen redraw will
> > do it, so even trying to close the display window does the trick..
>
> You're right. I snapped a few shots of the phenomenon as it looks
> here (it happens on every reconnect to my currently running session -
> maybe this particular session is just hit by bad karma? :) ).

I closed the session yesterday and have been working in a new session
since - and problem's gone.

> <http://sentinel.dk/files/nx-redraw-issue.png>
> <http://sentinel.dk/files/nx-redraw-issue1.png>
> <http://sentinel.dk/files/nx-redraw-issue2.png>
>
> > >[ FreeNX 0.3.0, !M client 1.4.1.4.0-91 ]
> >
> > Still using 0.2.7 here with a win32 1.4.0.92 client, I wonder if
> > it's something on the client end that we've both broken?
>
> I cannot image I have broken anything (but that's what one always
> think, I guess). At least I haven't touched anything (other than
> display resolution) with respect to nxclient and freenx server for a
> couple of days now.

Only related to that specific session here (see above) which supports it
was not a misconfiguration on my part.

> Anyhow, it's not really much of a problem to me (not that I know it's
> easily fixable). Well, my mouse is now also "surrounded" by weird
> coloring (I can't really explain what it looks like, and I can't make
> ksnapshot "shoot" the mouse when taking screen shots).

I have found the cause of this. It was the result of using the nv driver
instead of the nvidia driver (I switched to nv for some testing - back
with nvidia again now and the problem's gone).
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik at dannemare.net
http://frederik.dannemare.net | http://www.linuxworlddomination.dk
Key fingerprint = 30CF 7AD3 17D9 1A63 A730  ECA6 0D4C 2C97 9D9A 238E