[FreeNX-kNX] Frontend for Terminal Services

Luca Corti cortez at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 27 16:06:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 17:17 +0200, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > This is not completely clear to me. How the nx server knows about the
> > rdp one?
> Because you tell the NX Client (by typing in its name and your auth
> credentials), and because the NX Client then tells the NX Server,
> and because the NX Server than contacts the RDP server (and if it
> fails either the name or the credentials you used were wrong)   ;-)
>
> Your NX Client contacts the NX Server the usual way: port 22, via
> SSH.
> So you can't even run remote X11 sessions?
>
> > NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 1640
> > nxssh: connect to address ip.address.ofmy.termsrv port 22: connection
> > refused
>
> Nooooooooo.......
>
> You should *always* connect to ip.address.ofyour.nxserver port 22.

Ok, sorry, now I understand and got it working. Monday mind slowness.

> Please note, that the NoMachine website as this and some other
> useful documentation on
>
>    http://www.nomachine.com/howto/rdp-session.php
>
> and
>
>    http://www.nomachine.com/usage.php
>
> and
>
>    http://www.nomachine.com/documentation.php
>
> You must have overlooked it.

I'm going to read that, I need to understand how to change default 8 bpp
setting.

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > This message and its attachments are confidential and may also be
> > privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
> > sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose the
> > contents to any other person, do not use it for any purpose or
> > store or copy the information in any medium.
>
> OK, ok. But in reverse, I allow you to use any info you find in
> this mail's body freely. (I dont allow you to use the mail's
> headers). The mail's content isnt confidential and not privileged
> at all.

Very nice of you, I'd like to do that too.

> Hey, do you really think that your "NOTICE" does anything in favor
> of your privacy???

No, but my MS Exchange server administrator thinks it does, it pisses me
as much as it does piss you. I'm using evolution and my private email
address to post to mailing lists to avoid you the extra torture: posting
of my employer's HTML signature and outlook as a client.

bye

Luca