[FreeNX-kNX] [Fwd: FreeNX unix-default]

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Wed Nov 24 19:39:19 UTC 2004

Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
>>This was emailed to me regarding Freenx's server not responding
>>correctly to unix-default. I kinda like his implementation for Redhat
>>derivatives, but I think that there is a different way to do this. Does
>>anyone have an idea as how to make this better? Should unix-default just
>>call startx?
>

> What about /etc/X11/Xsession?

On NoMachine NX unix-desktop runs /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession.
The scripts gets the last choice the user made when log-
ging to the machine by XDM/KDM/GDM or a system-specific
default. This works on all the Linux distributions.

Checking if $HOME/.Xclients exists, first, and executing
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession only if it doesn't, could be an
alternative. This would comply with the RH desktop
switching utility's settings.

/Gian Filippo.