[FreeNX-kNX] [Fwd: FreeNX unix-default]

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 16:36:36 UTC 2004

This was emailed to me regarding Freenx's server not responding
correctly to unix-default. I kinda like his implementation for Redhat
derivatives, but I think that there is a different way to do this. Does
anyone have an idea as how to make this better? Should unix-default just
call startx?

Regards,

Rick Stout

  - Forwarded message attached -

Hi,

I have tried the FreeNX and I really like it.

There was actually a minor glitch that I didn't particulary like. If I
select unix-default session (Configure... -> General -> select Desktop
as Unix Custom -> Settings... -> select Run default X client script on
server), the nxnode does not know how to handle this.
I implemented this and attached a small patch.
Unfortunately it is Redhat (Fedora) specific.
Maybe you can put it in your Redhat (Fedora) RPM-s or even inside the
original FreeNX tarball.

Thank you for the great work.

--
Best regards,