[FreeNX-kNX] Resuming NX Session from different machine

Ed Warnicke eaw at cisco.com
Fri Dec 31 02:13:29 UTC 2004

I'm  attempting to resume from a Linux box running the No Machine
NX client as session originally started by a Windows box running the
NoMachine NX client.  The server is freenx-2.7.

Everything works fine, until establishing the X connection when I
get errors:

Info: Starting X protocol compression.
Info: Established X client connection.
Info: Reconnection failed: Geometry of X server has changed.
Info: Disconnected from user display.

This happens even if I set the screen resolution (1024x768) to
be the same for both the Windows client that originates
(and then suspends) the session and the Linux client I'm
trying to use to resume.

Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone have a solution or
suggestion?  I'm more than happy to provide additional data
upon request.

Ed