[FreeNX-kNX] NXSERVER - PAM Authenticatin failed - Depend Linux Distribuition

Adriano Frare alfrare at e-alinux.com
Wed Dec 29 00:04:13 UTC 2004

Dear Friend,

I am using NX Free Server version 1.40 and client WIN XP NOMACHINE
1.4.0-75. When I use this configuration of fiel NXSERVER below in
TAOLINUX (similar RHEL3):

# This adds PAM to the possible authentification methods
ENABLE_PAM_AUTHENTICATION="1"
# 0 = all users can login, 1 = only added users can login
ENABLE_USER_DB="0"
# When set to 0, auth using internal password database is completely
disabled
ENABLE_PASSDB_AUTHENTICATION="0"
# 1

# When set to 1 this will automatically resume started sessions
ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT="0"

# When set to 1 this will automatically resume started sessions
# but only if an older client version is used
ENABLE_AUTORECONNECT_BEFORE_140="1"

The authentication work!!!

But When I use same configuration on Conectiva Linux 9 (similar RedHat
9) the authentication failed. But , when I change configuration for
using DB nxserver , the authentication process work.

=============== LOG ERROR ======Conectiva Linux 9 ==================
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-02 OS_(GPL)
NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.4.0
NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.4.0
NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
NX> 105 login
NX> 101 User: afrare
NX> 102 Password:
NX> 404 ERROR: wrong password or login
NX> 999 Bye

I guess the error  should be on PAM MODULE or nxnode.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Adriano Frare
(BRAZIL)