[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to NXserver after the first time

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Mon Dec 27 19:53:25 UTC 2004

airplays55 at yahoo.com wrote:
> After installing the FreeNX server on Knoppix, I was
> able to successfully connect to it with the nx client,
> but after rebooting the server, I am no longer able to
> connect with the client; the client says "warning:
> host id has changed. do you want to remove the key
> from the local list of known hosts?"  and I click
> "yes", then I get an error box saying "cannot remove
> host key".
>
> Is this an error on my client, or a problem on my
> server?

The host ID is likely to change at any reboot. Anyway there
is surely a way to let Knoppix save it on a persistent storage.

About the NX client, can it be that you are using the one that
is coming with Knoppix? I remember that this problem was solved
during the 1.4.0 development. Please, try to upgrade to a more
recent version.

Regards,

/Gian Filippo.