[FreeNX-kNX] For the wish list: HTML-tunneling

Hans-Helmut Bühmann hans-helmut.freenx at buehmann.de
Sun Dec 19 18:30:45 UTC 2004

Hello!

A few months ago I tried NX. It was a great. Thanks for your work.

I let sshd running on port 443, so I could use a connection via some
https-proxys using connect.c (http://www.taiyo.co.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.html)
or something similar.

The disadvantage is, that's not possible to run a real https-server on the
same ip-address. The other problem is, that some proxys even breaks the
https-connetion and search for viruses.

I am thinking of a solution like

http://www.online-marketwatch.com/HttpTunnel4vnc/ (for VNC only)
http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/soht/ (for ssh and other protocols)

These are using http-put and -get to send the data. Does someone know a
similar solution written in "C" (as apache-module ?!?) instead of Java?

I think this is also especially important for moznx.

Hans-Helmut Bühmann