[FreeNX-kNX] nxtunnel for NX v1.4.0...

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Fri Dec 10 14:19:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

> In the meantime, an 1.4.0 final was released by NoMachine.
> Any derived software (nxtunnel, FreeNX,...) should only be
> using this official release, and mark previous versions as
> deprecated.

I'm using NX version NX-1.4.0 which is the one currently released.
The nxtunnel is based on that version so I hope it's ok for most
users. Well I will give it a try ;) Please find my version
of nxtunnel on:

	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/ms

The RPM is for SuSE Linux 9.2 , the scripts must be
installed on both the local and the remote side. those who are
using the RPM package need only install the package on the local
and the remote machine. Installing the sources manually includes
the following steps on both sides:

    1) mkdir /usr/share/nxtunnel
    2) cp common/functions.sh /usr/share/nxtunnel
    3) cp nxtunnel-agent.sh /usr/bin
    4) cp nxtunnel-proxy.sh /usr/bin
    5) ln -s /usr/bin/nxtunnel-proxy.sh /usr/bin/nxtunnel

    6) cd xtest
    7) make
    8) cp ./testX /usr/X11R6/bin/

Once installed the following should work:

    nxtunnel -l user at host --command <command>

Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX GmbH