[FreeNX-kNX] Parse error in remote options string

Rob Thomas welshblob at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:08:13 UTC 2004

Hi Jason,
Is this consistent? I'm using CentOS and Whitebox for my nxserver
machines with Rick Stouts rpms and have seen this problem sometimes
when I first connect with a new user, reconnecting normally sorts that
out.
I also have this problem with an nxserver on an adsl line on the
internet which we're trying to connect to from two offices. These
offices are technically on the same network and connect to the
internet via the same proxy cluster. In my office I and my colleagues
can connect to this box ok everytime using various ID's but two users
at the other office (the only two I think have used it) can not
connect. Their error messages seem to toggle between these

NXPROXY - Version 1.4.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2004 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '2740'.
Info: Waiting for connection from any host on port '4986'.
Info: Accepted connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '3074'.
Info: Connection with remote proxy established.
Error: Remote NX proxy closed the connection.
Error: Please check your authorization credentials.

OR

NXPROXY - Version 1.4.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2004 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '2432'.
Info: Waiting for connection from any host on port '1287'.
Info: Accepted connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '1370'.
Info: Connection with remote proxy established.
Error: Parse error in remote options string 'NX> '.

I'm really not sure whats wrong as I connected from that office a
couple of weeks ago ok.
Cheers
Rob