[FreeNX-kNX] Resuming suspended sessions : Still not working

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 07:40:13 UTC 2004

Rob Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
> I didn't see a solution to this posted previously so thought I'd
> repost. I've always had trouble resuming suspended sessions when using
> freenx. I tried the trial commercial version orginally and that worked
> fine. So I'm not sure what the problem is.
> Here are the steps I take after suspending a session,
> Login into session XYZ
> The dialog says:
> 	Connecting to x.x.x.x
> 	Connected to x.x.x.x
> 	Waiting authentication
> 	Authentication completed
> 	Resuming the suspended session
> 	Negotiating X protocol
> 	>>>> Window appears briefly (2/10 sec) and disappears.
> 	Session XYZ Failed -> Detail or Close buttons
>
> To re-enable the connection, I need to do nxserver --terminate :ScreenID
>
> I'm using NoMachine NXClient for Windows 1.4.0-75 on Windows XP SP1
> Freenx\NX RedHat Enterprise 3 rpm's, from Rich Stout's page ....
> 	freenx-0.2.5-0.rh.1.noarch.rpm
> 	nx-1.4.0-0.rh.3.i386.rpm
> .... on Whitebox Enterprise Linux 3.0 (RHEL3 rebuild) fully updated to
> 10/11/2004
>
> Error Details are .....
>
> NXPROXY - Version 1.4.0
>
> Copyright (C) 2001, 2004 NoMachine.
> See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.
>
> Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '3260'.
> Info: Waiting for connection from any host on port '4309'.
> Info: Accepted connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '4398'.
> Info: Connection with remote proxy established.
> Info: Handshaking with remote proxy ':5000' completed.
> Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
> Info: Using cache parameters 4/262144/8192KB/8192KB.
> Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/32768KB.
> Info: Using adsl link parameters 8192/80/16/4096.
> Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-7' with session 'unix-kde'.
> Info: Using ZLIB data compression level 3.
> Info: Using ZLIB data threshold set to 32.
> Info: Using ZLIB stream compression level 6.
> Info: Using remote ZLIB data compression level 3.
> Info: Using remote ZLIB stream compression level 6.
> Info: No suitable cache file found.
> Info: Using remote server connected on port '4309'.
> Info: Starting X protocol compression.
> Info: Established X server connection.
> Error: Decompression of data failed. Error is 'data error'.
> Error: Lost connection to peer proxy on FD#5.
> Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
> Error: Please report this problem to support personnel.
>
> Any ideas?

I'm now getting this same error. It's possible I've had this a while, as
I don't do much suspending. I've tried going back to Freenx 0.2.5, and
NX snapshot 6, and every combination of Freenx/NX revision since then. I
am able to get a successful resume using the 1.3.2 client, but not with
1.4.0-57 or 1.4.0-75. I have completely removed every piece associated
with Freenx, NX, and nxclient from both system, and still cannot get the
1.4.0 series clients to resume properly. Anyone seen this problem?

Regards,

Rick Stout