[KDE Eco] [announcement] interested participants? | Umweltfestival, Berlin, Sun. 28 April

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Tue Feb 27 13:01:12 GMT 2024

The Umweltfestival ('environmental festival') is happening at the
Brandenburger Tor on 28 April from 11-19 CET. Deadline to register for a
stand ends *Friday 15 March*.

   https://www.umweltfestival.de

This would be a great chance for KDE to promote our sustainable software
work and the newly-funded project "Sustainable Software for Sustainable
Hardware" (starting 1 April). We can show off the KDE community's Plasma
6 megarelease and highlight the sustainability aspects of a Free
Software license.

Before I submit an application for a stand, would anyone in the KDE Eco
community be able and willing to help out at a stand on Sunday 28 April?
The festival runs from 11-19 CET, plus set up and break down time.

Even if you are not in Berlin, you can help with preparing materials for
the event, so don't hesitate to be in touch no matter where you are if
you are interested!

This year is the 29th edition of the festival organized by the Grüne
Liga Berlin. According to the homepage, in 2023 there were 200+
exhibitors and about 60.000 visitors.

The FSFE and Bits & Bäume initiative are also making plans to have a booth.

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social