SoK23 | Sustainability Projects

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Wed Jan 25 12:10:32 GMT 2023

It is wonderful to see there was a lot of interest in the Season of KDE
2023 sustainability projects this year.

 From the 15 excellent proposals we received, I am happy to announce
that the following three were selected for mentorship. Let's welcome the
mentees Rudraksh Karpe, Mohammed Ibrahim, and Nitin Tejuja!

- "Preparation of KDE apps for Blue Angel eco-certification" (mentor
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss): *Rudraksh Karpe*.

- "Improve KDE Eco Test emulation tool" (mentors Karanjot Singh,
Emmanuel Charruau, Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss): *Mohammed Ibrahim*.

- "Measurement of energy consumption with Selenium" (mentors Emmanuel
Charruau, Harald Sitter): *Nitin Tejuja*.

More information about SoK23 can be found at the Dot article "Season of
KDE 2023: Mentees and Projects":

     https://dot.kde.org/2023/01/23/season-kde-2023-mentees-and-projects

For candidates whose proposals were not selected, we are honored you
took the time to write a proposal and we hope you consider developing
your ideas further with the general support of the KDE community. There
will always be people willing to help, and many long and short-term KDE
contributors got started this way. We'd love to have every one of you
join us in making energy and resource-efficient Free Software!

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social
Mailing list: