KDE Eco community meetup | Wed. 8 June 19-20h CEST

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Fri Jun 3 09:38:26 BST 2022

Here we are again, the 2nd Wednesday of the month is next week -- and so
is our monthly KDE Eco community meetup!

This month will be less formal than past meetups: there will be no
presentation but rather a community discussion.

_Short Overview_

*Topic*: What did we achieve at the lab setup Sprint? Our plans going
forward? What needs to be done for the measure-athon?

*When*: Wednesday 8 June 19:00 CEST (UTC+2) (ics event attached)

*Where*: https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt

_Details_

Last month we met in person to set up a measurement lab at KDAB Berlin.
You can read about it here:

   https://eco.kde.org/blog/2022-05-30-sprint-lab-setup/

And here:

   https://volkerkrause.eu/2022/05/28/kde-eco-sprint-may-2022.html

In this meetup I and other community members will provide an informal
overview of what we achieved, with the goal of planning the next steps,
including the measur-athon in Summer 2022.

This meetup will be an opportunity to organize as a community ... and
there are many open questions we can decide on as a group: Who gets
remote access to the lab and how do we arrange that? When should we plan
the measure-athon Sprint? Which software do we want to measure? (Kate,
GCompris, your project?) What do we need (e.g., SUS and Idle mode
scripts, other?)? Which tasks interest you and what would you like to
help with? I will come with some initial ideas, although as community
manager I am more interested in supporting you and and KDE/FOSS
community's interests -- and I want to hear about your ideas/suggestions
too :)

Let's make this lab the best it can be to make Free Software the most
sustainable software!

Looking forward to seeing many of you next Wednesday.

All the best,
Joseph

Notes from past meetups and Sprints can be found here:

https://invent.kde.org/joseph/be4foss/-/tree/master/community-meetups

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: