Akademy 2022 & KDE Eco | Joining me for a panel discussion!?

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Jun 2 15:07:38 BST 2022

Hi all,

I am starting work on the Akademy submission (due 12 June [1]), and was
wondering if someone here who might like to join me on stage for a
*panel discussion*?!

I have given talks about KDE Eco over the past several months (SFSCon,
CCC, Grazer Linuxtage, LAS; upcoming QtDevCon and workshop on extending
Blauer Engel), and I think it would be nice to get some other community
members on stage to present the project from their perspective and
contributions.

Initial thoughts. We can a three part discussion: (*i*) achievements,
(*ii*) impact, and (*iii*) todos. More specifically:

(i) *Achievements* would focus on (you guessed it!) what has been
achieved so far (e.g., BE certification, community lab and tools,
measurement data, marketing).

(ii) *Impact* would include: How energy measurements may have informed
development process (e.g., efficiency MR requests, data efficiency in
GCompris images). It might also include information related to how KDE
Eco has influenced user choices (any uptake in Okular downloads? Green
Public Procurement?) or community perspectives (what are the
conversation/reactions from social media or other media with possible
engagement?).

(iii) *Todos* include (again, you guessed it!) what we want to achieve
going forward. This part would also benefit by feedback/input from the
larger KDE community.

Is anyone here interested? We could also have adjacent projects (Green
Coding Berlin, SoftAWERE) join.

I would be happy to take care of the details such as writing the
submission (with your input/approval), etc.

Let me know!

Cheers,
Joseph

[1] https://akademy.kde.org/2022/cfp

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: