Measure-athon & Tooling Sprint | Sat. 16 July 11-19 at KDAB Berlin

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Mon Jul 4 17:05:45 BST 2022

Dear all,

the community has spoken: Saturday 16 July 11:00-19:00 will be our
follow-up measure-athon and tooling Sprint at KDAB Berlin!

The goals of the Sprint are two-fold:

    i. To begin measuring KDE/Free Software such as Kate and GCompris as
well as other projects that want to prepare usage scenarios!

   ii. To work on standardizing the data and developing the tools to
automate the workflow and analyze/visualize the results!

If you would like to join, please be in touch. Everyone is welcome :)
For those who are not in Berlin but would be interested in travelling to
join us, we have funding to support your trip to the Sprint. There are
several non-Berlin-based community members I would love to see there!
See below for reimbursement info.

All other details (who, what, where, when) are also below.

I am very much looking forward to it!

Your community manager,
Joseph

_Overview_

*When*: Sprint, Saturday 16 July 11:00 -- 19:00 (ics event attached).
Current Schedule, suggestions welcome:

   - 11:00-12:30 preparation, start first measurements
   - 12:30-13:30 lunch
   - 13:30-16:30 continue measurements, work on tooling
   - 16:30-17:00 break
   - 17:00-19:00 wrap up, plan next steps

*Where*: KDAB Berlin, Reuchlinstraße 11, Berlin
(https://osm.org/go/0MZvks2Rp--?m=)

*What*: Measure-athon & Tooling Sprint (see above for goals)

A few relevant issues:

   - Create a list of applications/scenarios we want to test:
     https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/issues/28

   - How to publish raw data for measurements:
     https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/issues/1

   - Data analysis:
     https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/issues/11

*Reimbursement*: For those outside Berlin it is possible to reimburse a
2-night stay for Friday 15 July and Saturday 16 July as well as travel
costs. You can stay at the accommodations of your choice as long as the
per night stay is under 70 Euro. Important: If you would like to request
reimbursement, the following travel support request will need to be
completed before the Sprint:

    https://reimbursements.kde.org/events/150

*What We Need*:

_Software_
   - Scenario scripts for Idle Mode and Standard Usage (currently
GCompris, Kate)

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: