Sections 2-3 | was: Re: energy measurement handbook | section 1 constructive criticism?

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 09:14:59 GMT 2022

Hello :)

Thank you to everyone who was able to comment on Section 1, very helpful!

Sections 2 and 3 are also ready for feedback, for those who would like
to take a look.

Section 2 "Eco-Certifying Desktop Software":

https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/blob/master/handbook/sections/2_BE-Okular.md

Section 3 "Fulfilling The Blue Angel Award Criteria":

https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/blob/master/handbook/sections/3_criteria-guide.md

A few notes:

- Section 3 will be a living document, with future updates about
measurement tools, etc. as more methods are explored by the FEEP
initiative and the KDE community.

-In Section 2 I would be particularly interested in commentary on the
subsection "The ABCs Of The Award Criteria For Desktop Software", namely
the description under (C) User Autonomy. Here I briefly link the Blue
Angel criteria to sustainability goals. If you think I am missing
something or have misrepresented an issue, please let me know.

- In Section 3 I am still working on the description of the CSV data
files to upload to OSCAR, as I am having some challenges with the OSCAR
interface.

- Finally, all images and the layout are still a work in progress.

Any and all comments are helpful. A big thank you to everyone for your
help, especially with the information in Section 3. This handbook would
not exist without you!

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social
Mailing list: