energy measurement handbook | section 1 constructive criticism?

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Tue Dec 13 16:20:43 GMT 2022

Hi everyone,

as those of you who follow the Eco initiative know, I am currently
working on a handbook for measuring the energy consumption of software.

A draft of Section 1 is done. It is a brief introduction to the material
footprint of digital technology and in particular software, and I wanted
to elicit feedback from the community. Note there will be changes to the
images/graphics, but the content is ready for review. You can find the
text here:

https://invent.kde.org/teams/eco/be4foss/-/blob/master/handbook/sections/1_material-footprint.md

If you have time and would like to give feedback (content, style, etc.),
it would be much appreciated! I may not be able to incorporate all
suggestions, but constructive criticism is always helpful.

Feel free to send your comments to joseph at kde.org or @joseph:kde.org.

The other sections at the repository are still under revision, so no
need to look over them now.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social
Mailing list: