KVisualWorkflowTester

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Mon Nov 22 09:54:07 GMT 2021

Moving the conversation about David's proposal for the creation of usage
scenarios here.

I am not as technically proficient as others in the group and don't feel I can
add much to the conversation (at least not right now).

Anyone here have comments or further ideas about KVisualWorkflowTester or
security when running remotely?

FYI Here is the information David posted to the Matrix room:

> This is the tool which I announced in the meeting today:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/davidhurka/kvisualworkflowtester
>
> It will become a tool to automate GUI interactions, designed around a VNC
> client. Concerning the features, it will be somewhere between Actiona and
> Squish. I hope that it will help with energy measurements in the future. :)
>
> The current state is that I have a VNC client in a QWidget (from KRDC) and a
> lot of ideas. Many ideas are written down in README.md and src/README.md.
>
> Now I am looking for a review on my planned code architecture. Does it make
> sense, or is it overengineered or another anti-pattern?

And here is a brief exchange about having a remote setup:

--

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

---
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)