Community Lab Sprint (KDAB Berlin) | Saturday 11 December

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Sat Nov 13 13:45:06 GMT 2021

Hi David!

On Saturday, November 13, 2021 1:16:55 PM CET David Hurka wrote:
> On Monday, November 8, 2021 12:00:54 PM CET Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss wrote:
> > *When*: Saturday 11 December 11:00 -- 19:00 (possibly with overflow into
> > Sunday if needed).
> >
> >  - 11:00-19:00 [...]
> >
> > *Where*: KDAB Berlin, Reuchlinstraße 11, Berlin
>
> Hi!
>
> Is there already organized accommodation/similar? How many people will be
> there?

Not yet. I assume we will only arrange accommodations for those coming from
outside Berlin. At the moment, you are the only person who has been in touch
who is not based in Berlin.

I expect there to be 5-7 people, but numbers are not confirmed yet.

> Is all required hardware already there? Should we bring tools?

I am waiting to hear back from my contact at KDAB Berlin. I will write him
again tomorrow.

As far as I know, the only thing we do not yet have is the power meter.

I will be in touch in a week assuming I know more then.

> Shall the computers be set up for remote control? (KVM over IP, SSH server
> with SATA switches,...)

I think this makes the most sense, since that way we can test software
remotely.

BTW what is your opinion about moving the discussion of the emulation tools to
the mailing list? Perhaps the current discussion will get lost in the
chronological posting of the Matrix room? I am new to Matrix as a discussion
platform (when I would have otherwise used a mailing list), so I would be
interested in your opinion on this.

Cheers,

Joseph

--

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

---
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)