SoftAWERE | developing tools for energy efficient software development

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Tue Nov 2 16:12:07 GMT 2021

Hello!

I just thought I would let you know about a new project directly relevant to
KDE Eco: SoftAWERE (/Software Architektur-Werkzeuge für energieeffiziente und
ressourcenschonende Entwicklung/ 'Software Architecture Tools for Energy
Efficient and Resource Efficient Development') from the Sustainable Digital
Infrastructure Alliance and Öko-Institut e.V. The project is specifically
focused on developing tools that support software developers in programming
energy-efficient and hardware-saving software. In particular, they want to
integrate existing lint-like tools into a CI workflow.

For the near future, they plan to have workshops in February and June 2022 as
well as a hackathon in June 2022. I will keep you updated in case some of you
would be interested in getting involved!

Cheers,
Joseph

--

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

---
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)