Question about kapidox for kf5 and kf6

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 03:03:35 BST 2023

Hey folks,

We're working through packaging up frameworks as part of preparing for
shipping Plasma 6 in Fedora Linux 40, and we've encountered something
odd: kapidox is seemingly identical between kf5 and kf6. It's also
standalone with no other frameworks dependencies.

But the most notable issue noticed is that the master branch is behind
the kf5 branch.

We're debating removing the kfX- prefix from kapidox in our Fedora
package and not shipping two versions, but I'm not sure whether that's
the right call (though at least it looks like that'd be okay).

I would prefer to have some kind of guidance on this, similar to what
we have for breeze and oxygen data packages.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Neal