How many of you are still shipping OpenSSL 1.1 with Qt 5.15?

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 17:58:23 GMT 2023

I'll let Jan give a more authoritative answer, but RHEL 8 is in maintenance
mode.
Meaning that qt5-qtbase is staying at the version it is currently at, and
it is only getting security fixes that are backported.
Thus, this shouldn't affect RHEL 8, and as a consequence KDE in EPEL8.

Also, RHEL 8 does have openssl3, so if things get to the point that it
needs to use openssl3, it can be done.

But again, Jan knows more than I do about this.  I'll let him answer.

Troy