Packaging recommendations

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Oct 31 14:48:56 GMT 2022

Hello distro packagers!

Plasma is a complex beast with a lot of components, so you may be
interested in a document we've put together describing best practices to
provide users with a top-notch Plasma session:
https://community.kde.org/Distributions/Packaging_Recommendations

I'd encourage everyone to go over it and in particular, make sure you're
not missing any packages that we're recommending for pre-installation.

This page will be updated over time to reflect the latest state of the
art. Feel free to reach out with questions or comments, or edit the page
to correct any errors or add anything you've done that could be of value
to others.

Thanks for all the packaging work!

Nate