Packaging recommendations

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:01:27 GMT 2022

Hi!

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 at 11:49, Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello distro packagers!
>
> Plasma is a complex beast with a lot of components, so you may be
> interested in a document we've put together describing best practices to
> provide users with a top-notch Plasma session:
> https://community.kde.org/Distributions/Packaging_Recommendations
>
> I'd encourage everyone to go over it and in particular, make sure you're
> not missing any packages that we're recommending for pre-installation.
>
> This page will be updated over time to reflect the latest state of the
> art. Feel free to reach out with questions or comments, or edit the page
> to correct any errors or add anything you've done that could be of value
> to others.

I see qt5ct is not recommended to be installed along
plasma-integration. In Debian (and I guess on Ubuntu too) we add this
script to the qt5ct installation:
https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/extras/qt5ct/-/blob/master/debian/99qt5ct
In this way qt5ct should not be an issue for Plasma. Would that be OK
from your side?

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/