Backporting of Discover/KNS fixes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 4 20:04:45 GMT 2022

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 7:16 AM Patrick Franz <deltaone at debian.org> wrote:

> Hej Ben,

Hi Patrick,

> Am Donnerstag, 3. März 2022, 10:01:04 CET schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> [...]
> > > Debian Unstable and Debian Testing have received fixes.
> > >
> > > The uploads for Debian Stable have been prepared. Right, now we're
> > > waiting for acknowledgement to upload the packages.
> >
> > "waiting for acknowledgement"?
> >
> > I assume this is something that will just naturally clear on the
> > Debian side and isn't waiting on anything from us.
>
> Exactly. Uploads to Debian Stable need to be reviewed by Debian's
> release managers.

Please ensure the appropriate pressure is placed on those release managers
to expedite the release of this.
While it is not a security update it is of extreme severity and does need
prioritisation.

It is very sad to see how long it has taken some distributions to take up
these patches and the degree of prodding and reminding needed to get action
to be taken.

> --
> Med vänliga hälsningar
>
> Patrick Franz